Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Dan's Posts

Wow Dan. I've been reading your posts when I check my email (I'm emailed when a new post is up), but I haven't had a chance to post my thoughts until now. Heidi is out providing respite care for the boy she looks after and I'm alone with Aunika (who is still sleeping......lazy!!). It does sound WAY different than any of us would have guessed. Most (if not all) of us only see the parts of China as the media portrays. So the only images of China we have are those that the news, internet, and National Geographic let us see. I would love for us to be there with you. Then we could be the foreign family. That must be weird. In a city of however many million, you're only 1 of a vast minority who speaks your language. It's like in university when you have an American friend, and you keep laughing at HIS weird accent, to which he promptly tells you "Where I come from YOU sound funny". Good luck and I look forward to reading and seeing more.
Well This is my last day off before I go back to work again. This last two week shift was long. I was only home one night in two weeks. I don't expect this two weeks to be any different. So I have to go make the most of my last day at home. I will keep following the blogging from some remote location in my camp/hotel room from my laptop. Love you all. Bye

No comments: