Thursday, September 11, 2008

Family Update From Mother/Nana

Hello

I hope you all enjoyed Heidi's video's of Nonni, I would say she is not into solids yet?! Ha. Her falling asleep in the highchair was priceless.

Roxann is sick this week, sore muscles and congested, she did not respite her little fellow. Hadassah spent yesterday in mommy's bedroom, while mommy tried to rest in bed. Hadassah did pretty good between climbing over her mommy and watching TV. Too bad I did not live closer....I would have like to have had her for the day.

Scott-Isaac and I x-massed shopped together, on the phone, with the catalog. He chose, a scooter and a sled. He informed me that Uncle Dan was going to buy him some drums....then he added "I hope?!" He saw a set in the Sears book and ohhed and awed over them. He is a boy with a beat.

I received an e mail from Joe this week. As we all know he and his family do not have a computer, so at this time blogging is very hard if not nearly impossible. He should be home in the next day or so, and he really wants to talk to Daniel. Speaking of that, guess what? Dan and I talked for 35 minutes. He sounded GREAT!!

First Daniel called me and I missed the call. By the time I called him back which was about 15 or 20 minutes, he was asleep. he said he was having a crazy dream....(sorry Dan). Through Alliant (NB Tel) it cost $3.95 a minute...WOW. Just to call Dan back was $4. Daniel had a calling card that cost him around $5, it was for 35 minutes. Roxann has long distance China covered on her plan....NICE!!

Dan called me at about 10 am my time....which would be about 7 am
Alberta time. He was all done his day and was off to bed. I never figured out the exact time difference, if fact Dan was just starting to tell me what time it was when the card ran out and we were cut off! ha. I'll get it next time.

Kristopher is back from Fracking and he and Heidi are moving. Today at lunch time, Kris was taking her out to lunch for her birthday. It is not for a few days yet...but he will be gone vy the 19th. I can only imagine how happy he was to see his girls.

Dad is finally done taking down the chimney. What a BIG job that was. The back of the house looks so different with out it. The shingles all around the windows are off, showing the black tar paper.......so right now the house is looking quite shabby. The rain has delayed our contractor. The windows just sit in the yard and wait.

I baked the most delicious peach pie this week. Talk about super good...yummy!! I also made peach muffins. It is the season for peaches. I had tea in town with Shirley this afternoon. It is her birthday tomorrow.
I said to her..."Are you turning 70 tomorrow"
She shrilled back at me 70....70...no I am not!
Then I felt bad thinking I missed the mark by a long shot.
"I am sorry Lee." I said.
I let a few minutes pass and then I humbly asked, "How old will you be."
Lifting her head up high she said, "I will be 69"
" What after all that fuss I was only off by a lousy year"
"A year is very important when you are my age", she declared.
Then we had a belly laugh!!
She is quite the Hoot...and old hoot I might add.

Aunika went to her first movie at the theatre. It was for moms and babies. A cartoon about a robot left behind. During the first fifteen minutes she laughed her head off. Imagine that at just seven months old. I think she is very intelligent...one of those high IQ-ers. Her mommy is entering her into the Zellers Baby Face Contest....sure would be sweet to see them win!

I just found out the Isaac sold his truck....ya I know...I am late on that news. I am told that Dino loves his new SUV. He would not ride in the cab of the truck, but cannot wait to ride in the new one. Funny fellow. Becky's little neice who live here on the Miramichi, Ava, had her picture in the paper. She is one of the most darling looking children. She really resembles Shirley Temple. Its amazing.

Well today is 9/11 and there will be many American families remembering the sorrow of 2001. SAD! Many other that breathed in the toxic fums from the collaps of the twin towers now have long term damage to their organs...again SAD.

It is at the stroke of midnight, so I guess I will be off to bed. My love to you Danielson. I hope you get to talk to Joe this up coming week. I also hope Roxi will call you some morning while she has her coffe, before her little darling began their day. I encouraged Isaac to join the Blog...lets all hope he does.

So until tomorrow, a good nite to ya all, except Daniel....to him a GOOD MORNING!

Lovingly, As Ever, Mother/Nana

No comments: