Sunday, September 7, 2008

Mom and Dad Reply to Dan

Hello Son.

It was so wonderful to hear from you. I know that you are alive and well.
Seriously, I figured you were crazy busy.


Before I give you an update of news, I want to ask you if you are aware of "Skype" It is a way that you can talk to us all at once....by phone, through the internet. Let me explain it ....somewhat...... Brother George has signed on to Skype, and through Skype ,he dials up Brother Nelson in Newfoundland, by phone, Skype allows Brother George to invite up to 30 other people to be part of his call. (they do not have to be signed on Skype to be a part of the call, because we are not and we were part of it today). At that point, Brother George simply dials anyone else he chooses. All the cost to Brother George is the monthly fee to Skype which is $2.85.
We (The church) have just started using "Skype" this past two weeks.....and it has been flawless.
So my darling, google Skype and see what you get..............let me know how you make out. If need be I can talk to Br George further and try to help you more?!?

Now for some family news....Heidi and Kris are moving this week....(Yes again!). They will be in the country, in a modular type home. The home is just before Clairmont. The story is, that the owners are going to be away for the next three years and wanted to rent. It is a tad cheaper then the present place, but I think, more then anything, they want to get rid of the closeness of neighbors. Heidi is working five days a week now, doing respite, as is Roxi. Aunika is still rocking around on all fours....thinking about moving, but not quite getting there yet! She was in her 'first fight' last week. The little fellow that Heidi cares for, pushed Nonni over, as she was touching his toys. She had a bump on the back of her head, but it was not as big as the bump on Heidi's heart... :( The following day, all was well again at the work place! :) Heidi and I, Xmas shopped by phone with the catalog on our knee's. I'd tell her to turn to page such and such, and visa versa. All I can say is that, if we buy everything we talked about getting, for Aunika and Hadassah, we'd both will have to get a bank loan! HA!

I finally talked to Skee on the phone Friday, I got a review of his first week at school. This year he can tie his own shoes, button his buttons and snap his pants and informed me that he is no longer "The Velcro Boy"! Hurray for Skee!!! He really likes his new teacher, and visits his "old grade three teacher" every day. He sits in the front of the classroom and all the desks are in rows. His new music teacher is great. He plays on a different side of the playground then Michell, because he can not stand looking at that freaky kid anymore! He plays wrestling with the boys and is on their team, whereas last year, he was usually on the girls team. BIG CHANGE, he informs me. He claims, that he is able to lift kids by their shirts and toss them down the hill, and as they fly through the air they say "AAaaaahhhhh!!!" He laughed like crazy when he told me this. His best school friend (as he explained), is really great because between the two of them they can keep a joke going forever..example....
Skee "Can't eat the hole in a donut cause it is poison."
Friend.."ya it is laced with javax."
Skee... "It could burn your mouth off"
Friend.... "And then you could never talk again.
Skee... " and then your mother would have too find a special doctor to sew on a new mouth.....so on and so on...
You get the picture.
Skee tells me, that is what a great friend IS!
I can not remember this friends name...sorry.

Looks like he will have a nice school term.

Caleb had a sleep over at Scott-Isaac's. It has been a long time since they were together. Scott-Isaac said it was lots of fun. Haven't talked to Biffer yet.

Roxi has Haddash back on her sleep schedule. Marks' last days off, when he heard Dassi awake in her crib at night, he went in got her up, and he and Dassi played together for a couple of hours, this was usually between two and four AM. Mommy (Roxi) did not know anything about it, until daddy went back to work and Dassi woke up for play time...ha ha he he he ...oh poor mom!! She(Dassi) has her daddy rapped around her little pinkie, me thinks. :)

Daniel, I can hardly wait till you get a camera. I sure appreciate you finding the time to respond.
Let us hope the others will jump on board with the blogging...including Dad too.

I will send Isaac a new e mail and prompt him. I have not spoke to him in weeks. Heidi turns 23 on September the 19th. She will not write until after move and she gets re-hooked.
Roxann dear, post us a few pictures. I am so lonely to see Hadassah, and I bet Daniel is too.

Next week all my new windows will be installed in the house. It will look so nice. The bedroom windows will be bigger and longer. I will send pictures real soon.

Middle Island has had a complete face-lift. Wow it is some nice will post pictures for you all soon.


For any of you who did not hear, Jack Connell past away two weeks ago. The Connell children are very sad at the early loss of their Dad. He had cancer.

Mother loves all 13 of you...Roxi, Dan, Joe, Isaac, Heidi, Mark, Corinna, Kristopher, Becky, *Skee, *Biff, *Dassi, last but not Least...***Baby Nonni***!!!








No comments: