Monday, October 6, 2008

Finally a break


Hello all. I don't get a chance to post often, or even really read the blog often. But I am back from fracking this week and I am enjoying my days off. Work is going well and I enjoy it. I have been officially promoted to pump operator, from iron truck operator. I now drive a tractor trailer everyday, rather than a body job truck. The position is a bit harder, but just as enjoyable. It opens the door for me to move further up in the company. (You can go here: http://www.calfrac.com/Docs/Service_Line_Equipment/Fracturing/quintiplex.php to see a picture of what I drive). In the field I can receive 5 more promotions before I am at the top. Then it is possible for me to get a position in the office. That is of course if I should stay that long. For as long as I am in Grande Prairie I will keep this job (if I can help it!), but who knows how long we will stay.
Being on the road for two weeks at a time really makes for a busy set of days off! We have to get groceries, do shopping, pay bills, pick this up, drop that off, go to this class, do this fun activity! A fun filled week. This week Heidi, Aunika, Skee and I went for a nice swim together. I got to take Aunika into he deep end AND go down the wild water slide with her. We have been having a lot of fun. Then Skee stayed the night for the family BBQ the next afternoon. We stayed up late, ate nachos (famous Waye nachos) and watched a movie called 'Balls of Fury', a cheesy, sometimes funny movie about the dark, underground world of competitive ping pong. We enjoyed ourselves. Skee and I picked the movie out ourselves, and went to Tim's for a late night hot chocolate.

The next day we had our B-day BBQ. We were celebrating Heidi's b-day late (Sept.19) and mine early (Oct. 20) as I will definately be working on my birthday (I have always been unlucky when it comes to birthdays....all through university I had midterm exams on my mid-term birthday, and now that I'm working, I will always be working on my b-day! Rats). In attendance we had: Isaac, Corinna, Caleb, Skee, Biffer, Roxi, Dassi, and Scott. Mark, Becky, and Joe were working. We had a good time together, and enjoyed eating burgers at a different venue. It seems every event that ever takes place in Grande Prairie ends up being celebrated at Roxi's and we all eat her burgers. Not that we don't enjoy that, we love Roxi's place, and love eating her burgers. But it was nice to host a gathering for a change. Everything went well except when I burnt the first round of burgers, Dassi had an allergic reaction and broke out in hives all over her body, and Skee slipped and fell in a pile of poo. That's right, just perfectly matted in the back of his head. I had to hold the poor guy under to hose to blast it out, and the hose was cold. My heart goes out to him, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do when a nephew falls in poo!

Today I went to the Dr. to have a wart removed and had an incredible wait. I showed up at 10, left and did some shopping. I used the gift cards Isaac and Corinna gave me to Canadian Tire (I have a weakness for tools on sale!) I bought a stud finder so I can hang a picture without using 12 nails, a level so I can hang them straight, and a special tool you can use in your drill to remove stripped screws - so I can remove the screws I strip hanging the pictures :) Thank you both for feeding my appetite for Canadian Tire. I then went to Costco for diapers, Walmart for bum cream and Motrin, and then to work to check my mailbox. I went back to the Dr`s office and as I walked in they called my name! It was perfectly timed. It took nearly 2 1/2 hours. Afterwards Heidi and I had a coffee and went to a class with Aunika. It was called "comfort, play and teach". She got to play with some nice toys and other babies, we read books, sang songs, and learned about different ways to play, learn and comfort. It was really nice to be able to attend this class today. I was the only daddy there because most daddies work. I am looking forward to attending more classes when I am around.

Anywho, I should be ending my blog for now. I will be keeping an eye on how everyone is doing, and I enjoy hearing all the news. I miss you Dan, and I hope to be able to talk to you again soon. I'm glad all is well where you are, and I find your stories and pictures very interesting. It makes me long for something outside of beautifully bland Grande Prairie. God Bless all.


Kristopher


p.s. - the 'T' key on our keyboard isn't the best, so sorry if there are missing t's

No comments: