Monday, December 29, 2008

MERRY or not so MERRY CHRISTMAS????

Hello All

Here I am propped up in bed, dad's lap top on my knee, thinking of all my children and my added on's and my grands, wishing that I was not in the predicament that I am.
As you all know I busted up my leg really bad, this past Monday. Standing in the doorway at Bee Bee's about to take a picture of her and her darling Loggie, heading out for their evening walk, I fell out the door frame landed my left knee across my right leg and snapped the poor right leg in two!!! Ouch...ouch...ouch!!!!

This has all lead to me cancelling my Xmas visits and my beloved trip out West to be with my babies.... :( sad sad sad!!!

I will be unable to walk again for three months. So until then I am on my back with my broken leg. Next week at some point I will return to the Orthopedic Doc and he will remove my clamps and staples and check the surgical area. If that part is doing fine he will then encase the leg in a fiberglass cast. Then it will need to heal from the inside out.

The Standring sibling's had their Xmas gift exchange and supper last night and by the reports that I have heard it went very well. Now lets see if I can remember what everyone received.
Isaac got a Lambs wool sweater from Joe.
Joe got a letter and gift card for a new tool kit from Dan.
Dan's package from Kris is still to arrive in China.
Kris got a B&D coffee maker from Becky.
Becky got a pewter trinket box with Celtic design and an hour glass from Mark F
Mark F got a power drill kit with every bit imaginable from Isaac.
Roxi got a Jade rock candle holder from Corinna.
Heidi got the Anne of Green Gable collection from Roxi.
Corinna got a Willow Tree Carving from Scott.
Scott got a Blue Tooth phone accerious from Heidi.
LETS HOPE EVERYONE WAS PLEASED!

The Kiddies received plenty from everyone....aunties and uncles and each other.

The Xmas menu was a beautifully done roast of beef(Isaac & Becky)...Scalloped potatoes topped with mozzarella (Roxi's big hit!), fresh cooked green beans(Joe & Corinna), and special Christmas cookies baked by Heidi and Skee...about 72 cookies in all!!! WOW.

Dad and I sent a birthday cake, chocolate with fudge icing in honour of Becky-Boo's Birthday...which is TODAY! Happy B day Dear!

So Daniel I hope that this gives you a picture of Christmas in GP. Dad and I well....we spent the whole Christmas week in the Hospital in Bathurst. I did have three nurses come in my room, one male nurse played the guitar, and the other two snapped their fingers and swayed their hips while they all sang..."I'll Have a Blue Christmas Without You"! PICTURE THAT AND WEEP!!!!!!


God Bless You One and ALL,
Lovingly Mother/Nana

No comments: