Saturday, December 20, 2008

Merry X-mas from Jin Shi Tan

These are all pictures taken within 15 min walk from my place.



A pic of Jin Shi Tan from atop a nearby hill


These are some local fishing boats


just a shot of the coast line


The neighbourhood across the street from the beach


The sea beside the bridge



The king of the castle



Wow!!! this will be my first X-Mas ever away from my family. It sure will be different. I have all sorts of plans for the X-mas holidays. We get a four day week-end for x-mas and new years (i.e. two 3 day work weeks). There is a Christmas get-together at a friends here on campus on X-eve, and an X-mas brunch being held by another friend in Kai Fa Qu the next day. For new years I'll celebrate it on the train drinking Champagne (assuming I can get tickets) on my way to Harbin where I plan to see the ice festival on the Russian boarder. We'll see what pans out (the tickets are about $18 for a sleeper). I'm holding out some hope my package might arrive in the next few days (sometimes it only takes a week or two for mail from Canada). No biggie if it doesn't. I'll bring you all presents upon my Canadian return this summer.

Just wanted to send my fam my love.

Your Brother/son/uncle

Dan

No comments: