Sunday, December 14, 2008

THANK A MILLION DAN.....NICE PIC'S AND STORY!

Hello Fam-ba-lie.

What a nice yet, long over due pictures and letters from Daniel. I can feel his excitement, his adventures as I read his blogs. He seems to have a great sense of direction of what he wants but more importantly he has such passion. I thought his suit to be exquisite and to think it was only $150!!! WOW. If I we him I do believe before I left China, I would have a couple o more of those made, in a heart beat! I sure hope either Dad or I can go visit him before he leaves China. I would be great if we both could, but I am afraid the cost of both will be beyond our means in the next year and a half. Unless of course Daniel can find Dad a temporary job. Then I can see us both going!....HOW BOUT IT DAN????

I guess Vickie has become Daniel "Good" friend. I did ask him about her and all he said was that she was "Pretty Sweet" and I see that all his travel plans include her! The travel plans sound so fantastic that I can only dream as Dan experience it. I did make an overseas trip with Daddy 5 years ago and it has never dulled in my memory, and to this day when I close my eyes, I can see that great rain forest with its magnificent vines reach back down toward the earth. The green of the ocean, and the white of the sand. It is simply wonderful to see the diversity of God's great earth. I do so envy Dan, but without jealousy. I am thrilled for him.

Daniel my dear, you must continue to find time to write, as much as you love and need our touch, we too, need yours. I am sure that the whole family will be feasting off your letter and pictures and filling our lonely places for you with them. Never be too busy to water and feed your 'roots'. It will keep the rest of you balanced and whole.
"Mothers Words of Wisdom"

Today is Sunday December 14Th, Daddy has gone to Service in Bathurs, but due to a cold I have remained home. I can see today that I am much improved and feel I am at the end of this virus.
Ihad invited the Daycare next door over to my house to have a "Cookie-Party". They decorated Gingerbread cookies and cut out Rice-crispy square cookies into Gingerbread men. They were all 3 and 4 years old. It was delightful to have them for the morning. I had seven children in all. The night before Auntie Joan and I cooked cookies and prepare the decoration and frosting etc. Was nice to have Joanie here to help me. She came up from Fredericton to have a four day visit, to start off her Holidays. The only thing that could have improved that day would have been if I had my Grandchildren here.....but the truth is if I could have accessed the grandchildren for a cookie-party, the kids next door would have never had a chance. I think in truth, they help fill a lonely longing for my own babies!
However in four more weeks, I will be in G.P. with my babies....YaaaHooo!!!
In the family news, Heidi is very under the weather, she is fighting a bad cold, as is Nonni. I think Daddy Kris brought it home to them from his last hitch. The Poor Wayes! The Standring's (Joe's Fam) are ready for Christmas and Joe is off work for a few weeks, as he is starting a new job. Roxi is disappointed not to have her new floor installed before Xmas, but is now going into gear to decorate the living room for the Xmas joys to come Her floor is to be installed in the New Year instead.. I haven't heard from Isaac and Becky since my last post, but that usually means all is well. I am to understand that a Christmas dinner is going to happen OUT this year, restaurant style. I have done that once or twice and loved it. I hope that the G.P. gang will have a great time. Of course some of you men-folk will be away I am sure. It is impossible for everyone to have the same time off. I trust that the gift exchange will be a blessing to all. Daniels gift and care package has been sent off, I think he will love Kristopher's gifts. It was not a hugh package, I say, about equal to two large shoe boxes, it's cost was $50 to mail. I understand that it takes weeks and weeks to arrive. It is costly but then again the same parcel mailed to Alberta would have easily been $30 so for $20 more and all the way to China...Not bad!
I understand that it is Xmas Concert time for our Boys, so Mommy's please do down load us some videos and pictures. It means the world to Papa and I and Uncle Daniel to see the Xmas school happenings.
I love you all, with all my heart, As Ever Mother/Nana

No comments: