Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hey Dan:
I see in your blogs that you are having a great time on holidays, and it is always fun to look at the pictures you post, however I have a seem to have a more difficult time finding things that are worth writing about as my life is much more consistent in day-to-day events, although I recently started a new job that I think is totally sweet. I saw on one of Mom's blogs that she had written about it but got it all wrong (sorry Mom) . I don't go to drilling sites ever (that is exploration), that would mean I work around drilling rigs and I don't, nor do I work with service rigs (or any other kind of rig). What I do is work for an international oil/gas company called Apache. What do I do for them I hear you asking? well, I go to wellsites that have already been completed and in most cases already been producing (oil/gas) for years and service and optimize them and their pipelines, as well as setting up gas reading charts, taking samples and interpret them using chemical mixtures and simple mathematical formulas, however the largest part of my job and most mentally challenging part is trouble shooting when I get to a well that has stopped producing and figuring out what sort of well servicing companies I will need to fix the problem, how much it will cost, and who to hire.
I'm still learning the rope obviously, and will be for many years. most of the guys I work with are engineers and mechanics by trade and seem to be light years ahead of me when it comes to a lot of this stuff. There are 7 different levels for being an operator, 7 being the lowest and 1 being the highest (my lead Op has been at it for 16 years, he's a level 2), so its a long road, fortunately the company sends their Ops to school after some time with the company for tickets and power engineering. Anyway besides that the job schedule is super ultra mega sweet, 2 weeks on, followed by 2 weeks off!!! I love it. Well that about all I have to say, so I guess I'll sign off with
I love you, I miss you and wish I was with you for some wicked good times in whatever little 3rd world Island you find next to exploit your western education and riches.
Love your Bro Joe.
ps- I quit smoking

No comments: