Friday, January 23, 2009

Winter time in Borneo ;)

I am absolutely loving Borneo, and am so excited for all of the legs of my journey yet to come. It's funny to think that on many of my days out here I am making more money than I spend. I am such a fortunate man. I wish there was some way I could have you all come and travel with me, but realize that this is not possible (maybe on one of my future super vacations). I think about all of you most everyday. I love you all very much.

Daniel


Vicky and I under water before putting on our diving gear.



On the boat off Sapi Island




A pic of me with a Moniker Lizard




It's a little blurry, but here he's licking my hand.




Right now it's the rainy season in Borneo. Conveniently, It's sunny all day and then in the evening you get the rain (not everyday though). On this day there was a massive downpour. I took my camera out, got soaking wet, and took some pictures of the locals out in the rain. They loved having their pics taken. Almost everyone I took a pic of said thank you. They were really happy when I asked them if they would like to see there pictures on my camera screen. Here are some kids that were hanging out by the street market.



Enjoying the view on my way to a dive-sight.



The Jungles of borneo as seen from our boat.... They sound fantastic. I can hardly wait. In a couple of days, We will fly to the other side of Borneo (To the island of Sandican) to go on some adventures. We plan to visit the bat caves seen on the "Planet Earth Documentaries". We will also spend two days and a night trekking through the jungle"




On the boat to the coral reef to do some diving ;)

No comments: