Friday, February 6, 2009

Under the Sea

Vicky and Dan Diving together :)



I have spent the last two days diving off the coast of Bali. I am staying on the tiny island of Nusa Lembongan. It's beautiful here. I am now certified as an advanced diver, meaning that I can go on deep sea dives among others. One of my favorite courses that I have taken is on drift diving. You dive in a place where there is a really strong current. You just float or tumble along weightlessly, watching the coral and fish as you sail by... It's amazing. The conditions here has been excellent and visibility 20 meters down is about 30 meters (crystal clear water!!!) Diving will be a lifelong hobby of mine now. I love it so much. I would love to go with Dad sometime. I can just hear him talking about how wonderful God is and how great the variety of life on this planet is :)

A few days ago (the day after I arrived on the island), I rented a scooter and went exploring. The local villages here are amazing. Everywhere you look homes are surrounded by the most incredible stonework I have ever seen. I also found a really old temple in the forest at the top of a hill (Awesome). Among other brilliant things, I found a beautiful set of bungalows on a secluded beach called Dream Beach. The sand is so white, and has a different feeling than back home. Anyway, were moving there tomorrow morning for our last two days on the island for some relaxation.

We will then spend a day on Bali proper before heading to Thailand. In Thailand we hope to stay on the beach for a week and then visit Bangkok for three days before heading home to China.

Unfortunately the internet connection here is really slow and unreliable (this is the second time I've tried to make this post), so I can't post a ton of pics. As soon as I find a place with a good connection (maybe on Bali) I'll try to post more. I've tried to upload pics for the last few minutes and it keeps screwing up... GRRRR!!!!!


I love you all. Keep posting. and just so everyone knows. I will be checking my G-Mail account from now on. This should make it easy to e-mail me right from the blog. The address I usually use is neuron12@hotmail.com


Happy birthday my little niece. Your Uncle Dan loves you so much and can't wait to see you again.

No comments: