Monday, November 9, 2009

Dad's Illness

Hello Standfam:

It was about 2-3 months ago I came down with a serious case of mid-life-crisis. It all culminated 3 weeks ago when under serious duress, Mom gave consent to me having a pair of Beagles. After a week of cleanup and sanitizing floor to the quality required by Mom, getting out of bed at 1 - 2 am, getting dressed, bundling up, leashing 2 vibrant dogs and carrying them out for their early morning relief, I was beginning to have second thoughts. Add to this getting up at 5:30 to 6 am for another dog run, the second thought were becoming serious misgivings. Then of course there is the "tied down" aspect that makes you really think.

Now don't get things wrong. Mom was doing her share during the day. Doing training, walks and providing quality care, cleaning up mistakes on the floor, it was all becoming a little much.

There was some pleasant times; walks and watching them play.

Thankfully, my illness was short lived. Within a week I made an executive decision to swallow the bitter pill and admitted my need for dogs was premature. This was followed by a request to list my dogs on Kijiji FOR SALE. Mom sold Penny the first day.

With the current pain 1/2 gone, I'm awaiting the sale of dog #2 which will result in full recovery from my short period, mid-life crisis. The total cost for the error of my ways will run about $xxx. That includes 1 drive to Truro followed by a trip to Amherst the following week to exchange a defective dog. Add the food, collars, leashes, dog bones, a brush and cleaning supplies, I'll consider my losses minimal.

So, that's my story. My next MLC will take place in a year or two, perhaps. I have this urge to have a pig, 3-4 chickens, a dog, a cat or 2, and goodness knows what else. Maybe a goat or 2.

Special love too my wonderful family, complete with the recent and not so recent additions. WOW, God has bless me above my fellows. Mom and I have 14 and one in the oven. We'll have 15 by April.

May my God Bless You All.

No comments: