Thursday, February 4, 2010

Helllloooo from Aswan!!!!!

The Nile as seen from Abu Simbel (where V and I were this morning)

Nefertiti's Temple


Vicky at the entrance to the temple of Ramses II


Me in front of the temple of Ramses II



Hi everybody. I am presently in a very slow internet cafe in Aswan. It is a small beautiful town that sits on the edge of the Nile (as does every other place in Egypt). I have so many things to post, but can't bare to sit here for another hour. It's taken me that long to check my e-mail. For now I will post two pictures from the Temples at Abu Simbel. The size of these things is breath taking, especially when you consider that they were all built without the benefit of machines (I guess slavery does have it's upsides...). Unfortunately pictures are not allowed inside these temples. There is not a single spot in these temples that lacks adorning artwork. The two temples, which stand side by side are the temples of Ramses II and of his wife Nefertiti.

Adventures I will post proactively will include:
my visit to Dubai and the worlds largest building.
Around Cairo
The Pyramids and the Sphinx
Around Aswan
My visit to a Nubian Village

Tomorrow, Vicky and I will set sail down the Nile for 3 days aboard a Felucca (a traditional, single sailed Egyptian vessel). We will be sailing from here in Aswan, all the way to Luxor. I'll be sure to post some pics from this as well.

We are having a fantastic time and loving Egypt very much.

My Love to you all

PS - I'm allergic to Camels (big surprise)

No comments: