Saturday, February 20, 2010

Stuck in Dubai

I am presently standing at a computer terminal that is offered free to those in the Dubai airport. This is the only airport in the world that I know of that does this. Our airline from Dubai to Egypt, and Egypt to Dubai was Air Emirates. Last year they won an award for the best food served on an airline in the world... and for good reason, the chicken in light mustard sauce with roasted vegetables was the tenderest most succulent peice of chicken I can remember having. The Lamb Kofta I had with them on the way to Egypt was also delscious... From Dubai to China we fly China Southern. They serve B grade hotdogs for EVERY meal uuggghhh. They are the worst airline I have ever flown. Our plane here has been delayed for 2 hours... Unfortunately, we have only a 2 hour layover in Goungzhou before our flight leaves for Dalian. Hopefully that flight is late as well, or Vicky and I might end up late for work :(

Vicky is sleeping in a recliner in the quiet area of the airport right now.

Dassah, keep up the piano practice, Uncle Dan looks foward to hearing you play this summer.

Aunica, congratulations on your new home, I do hope you love it.

Mom, I got you your blown glass perfume bottle (way back in Aswan actually, I hope you like it, it's hand made and one of a kind)

Joe, though I tried, I was unable to find you a pair of Egyptian cotten shorts. Though a few shop keepers claimed their stuff was 100% Egyptian cotton, it was indestinguishable from your run of the mill T-shirt at wal-mart. I was informed by our tour leader that finding Egyptian cotten in Egypt is almost impossible as it is extreamly expensive and is mostly bound for export. Maybe I can get you something from China... Sorry bro.

Girls, You are all looking great at your Pegan love dinner, I can't wait to see you all.

Isaac, Mark, Dad aand Kris, if there is anything you would like from China you should let me know ASAP.

I got a few small things from Egypt for the Neices and Nephews, but was really limited on luggage space this trip and didn't get you guys anything. Same goes for you girls (sisters, in-laws and out-laws and aunties), if you can think of anything that wouldn't take too much space, let me know. I'll do my best.


Love

No comments: