Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valley of the Kings (Preliminary)

The day after visiting Kom Ombo and Edfu, we went to "The Vally of the Kings". For me, this was the most spectacular thing I saw in Egypt, even more than the pyramids and the temples. Unfortunately, camera's are not even allowed into the valley, let alone the tombs. V and I did manage to sneak in a few shots with her cell phone while pretending to text, but we do not have the transfer cables with us... so I'll post those when I get home (in China). The Valley itself, even without the tombs is beautiful. Some of the tombs are gigantic. Stone halls reaching hundreds of meters into the mountain. It reminded me a bit of that dwarf city from Lord of the Rings. Anyway, I'll post a little more on that when I can put some pics up with it.

No comments: