Friday, November 5, 2010

Our Apartment

Hello everyone. I was talking with Dad a couple of days ago, and he pointed out that he had not heard from me in over a month. I don't know why I haven't posted anything in so long; this is the least busy I've ever been (minus holidays or periods of unemployment). Anyhow, Vicky and I are doing great here. We have really been loving our new home. The apartment is comfortable and the grounds are fabulous.

We have access to a huge gym/fitness center and 4 swimming pools (yep 4!!!) One is an Olympic swimming pool for swimming laps (no shallow end). There is a hot tub pool (about as big as 4 of the Flewwellings' pools) There is a big shallow pool that doesn't get any deeper than a meter (mostly for kids) and a big pool with deep and shallow ends for adults to play and hang out in.

Directly across the street from our apartment complex is Golden Ox Park. This place is gorgous. I'll take some photos of the different park areas and post them soon.

We teach 15 kids for 2 hours a day each, and are usually done by noon. We never bring work home with us either, so our time here is our own...

As nice as a lot of these things are, Vicky and I are plotting our next move already. I'm not sure where we will go next, but we have decided we are leaving China after this year is over. We have heard from our friends up North that their school has gone downhill under the new principal... Vicky and I are soooo happy we choose to move here, but are also happy to be moving on, on an up note.


I love you all and will try to post more often.

Dan




Looking up at our home



Moving onto our living room deck.



The view from our living room deck



The view from our living room deck (2)




Bedroom





Spare room 1



Spare room 2/The office/Store your junk here





Kitchen



Dining room




Living room



The Dining room table

No comments: