Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My New Pentax Site.

You have all noticed my new LINK...for my Pentax Gallery site. I want to explain:

I was accepted into the Pentax Gallery...it is such an honour. They chose thier artist based on ones portfolio. You will see when you read my Bio....why I was accepted.

I am allowed to submitted 10 photos a week. All photos entered are voted on by other Pentax artist that belong to the site. They decide if my images are displayed in the Premier Gallery, My Personal Gallery, or rejected. After the voting of the Pentax artist, it then goes before a Board of Judges who work for the Pentax company , and that board gets the final say of acceptance or rejection.

I have no say whatsoever as to what gets picked. It takes about 2 weeks to get the results of each and every photo. I have to date had 4 photos make it to my gallery, 2 rejected, and about 8 undergoing the voting process. I am hoping that one or two might make it to the Premier Gallery. So every week or so....hit my link and see how I am fairing.

Oh ya...as one of thier artist, I am now able to vote on my peers work. Such Fun!

The voting criteria is as follows: When viewing the image please consider

1.) Can you see this image in a photo gallery.

2.) Does this image elicit an emotional responds.

3.) Is the image original

4.) Does this image offer a personal perspective of the subject and display the unique vision of the photographer.

5.) Would this photo stop you if it were hanging in a gallery.

When reviewing photos please consider the composition, exposure, subject matter, lighting, and focus.
Please vote on the technical and artist merit of each image


No comments: