Thursday, March 17, 2011

SPRING!!! The Birds Return

Today we had these little sparrows(?) arrive in a drove. This was the first fly in...that I took these photos from the sliding glass doors. But minutes later this group seemed to triple. I dicided to try to get the photo from a side door, but Grammy Phillips was so excitied that she ran outside with more bird-seed. Before I could get the angled shot, they took flight and left. I had hoped they might just wait her out.

It was soon ovious that they were on a journey and not looking for a perminit feeding place. Oh well, whats a photographer to do.

Does anyone know what our little feathered friend was...or is? I looked in a small bird book that I have here at Auntie DeeDee's...could not find them at all.

It is a sign of spring....when we see birds fly in, by the hundreds.

I will be home on Tuesday....I would be thrilled if these guys fly across the ocean and land kin Miramichi NB...12 Tozer Ave to be exact.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: