Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Magic of Midnight

When one is in a city, there are actually two cities. The day one, and the night one.  A city seems to transform itself in the night.  It shakes off the grim and dust that shows in the bright sun, and begins to wrap itself in a more clean appearance.  Oh the dirt and grim are still there mind you, but they are now hidden under the glitter and sparkle of the dimmer night lights. These bright colours show you only what they want to show you.  You can only see where, and what they choose you to see.  Suddenly with the path, of the night is chosen for you, it all becomes most magical.  Somehow, one can almost feel swept away with awe and wonder.  It also become more dangerous to roam, as one cannot see the holes and cracks under foot, nor whom may be lurking in the shadows.   I wanted to capture this city of the night, so with my ever life-long protector in tow...I walk and capture the city of Hua Hin at midnight. (For those of you whom know Mark...know what his midnight is! LOL)



Starting at the beach close to home.
A night restaurant glows and reflects in the ocean.
(I was down here trying to capture the moon rise..but it was to overcast)



The main street throughout Hua Hin, in front of our apartment


Heading down to the BluePort Mall
These are sites on the way.



A shrine...all in lights.


Looking up into an open store


Signs lite and calling...come, come, come.....


The silk village



Our taxi driver...Ms Chom.  She will drive us to Bangkok on the 26th
Here she is sitting in her usually place, on the city road side, waiting for a call.


Overpass


This is the lanterns that decorate the outside of the BluPort
I simple feel enchanted by their beauty in the night...such colours
It seems hard to really capture it...but it will give you an idea.





It was wonderful to stand under the lights together


Not far from us this chao was busy cooking...I LOVE the night cooks!


The inner child must play.....XOXOXO


Here in the night, I see these two young women praying to their gods....what a capture.


The shop where Papa and I had our first afternoon meal...we never went back.

This is at the end of my driveway.  I have an appointment on the 20th for a cleaning..polishing. it will cost around $3o to $40 Canadian.  Hey it has my name...NANA


This night chef is like watching an artist do a play.  I always stop to see his act.




This is a fish tank that you put your feet in, and they eat you dead skin... It is suppose to be sooo healthy for you...maybe???  I will try to get a photo of someone doing it...or I might try??!!!

Market on her shoulders



Lights and doors on my streets,,,,I think of Roxann as I walk by...She would love this.

No comments: